[Foundation-l] Wikinews

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 13:11:45 UTC 2005

>As news considered let it be 24X7 always. So need more than 5 people
>in the team i think

>And if you all prefer mark one specific domains, as they have
>expertise, like politics, business, technology etc etc..

>So more than a number the team needs good journalists rather than just
>information providers..

>--
>Regards
>Ginu George
>Journalist and Media Researcher
>Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I strongly agree with you Ginu.

There is a huge difference with the encyclopedia.
With wikipedia, we do not need all expertises at the same time, one area can be greatly improved for a couple of months, while another goes unnoticed for months.

Wikinews on the other hand, requires much more that people makes team, if only to try to cover a couple of areas.
Even if there are few editors and cannot cover all news, a team of 4-5 in scientific covering could make it very successful in a small areas.

This is doubly interesting in Wikinews as news are interesting only for a couple of days, not weeks, months or years as in the encyclopedia.

As long as a wikinews will be unable to cover all news topics, I think it should focus on providing good news in *one* area and get famous thanks to it.