[Foundation-l] wikinews requirement

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri Feb 18 11:08:49 UTC 2005

Anthere a écrit :
> I regret that you use fallacies so much Erik.
> Trying to remove the requirement that 2 over 5 people are regulars so as to start a project,
> by arguing that these 2 might be trolls or want to destroy wikipedia, strike me as deeply dishonnest.
>
> I was deeply deeply unhappy of the creation of the french wikinews,
> because this creation was not done according to the support of the french community.
> The result is a broken project, which I deeply regret.
>
> I find disquieting that you tried to cool down people like notafish and I by agreeing to add a new requirement
> for the creation, only to try to cancel it two weeks later.

I agree with Anthere on a few points. You agreed on rules, you should
imo apply'em on a few projects creation before asking for a change - so
you can argue why it's better to change, based on experience and not
just because you feel it would be better.

I too regret how fr: was created - for reasons others have explained. I
don't have anything against creating new projects, but i think we must
make sure it won't be such a mess (i am not blaming anyone, just stating
facts). And changing rules all the time makes for a real mess in my opinion.

I understand your motivations are to create more wikinews. Fine, but in
due time, no need to rush, wait for community to ask loudly for a wikinews.

Nicolas Ryo