[Foundation-l] Bangkok bid

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:01:01 UTC 2005

On 12/16/05, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> What on earth did I deserve such an answer for.

Hm?   Just thinking ahead to what happens when you run out of
continents... no ridicule here.  A Thai bid would be exciting.  There
really was already discussion of having Wikimania in sub-orbit.

> No in response to a suggestion by you to make Africa the predestined
> continent I already put up a bid for bangkok.

I think you're taking Ec the wrong way... it sounded to me as though
he wanted to encourage a serious Africa bid, though maybe not in a
position to make one himself.

But Ec wrote:
> Could we book early for someone like Eric Idle or John Cleese to be a
> guest speaker? :-)

If we have /really/ out of this world contacts by then, maybe we could
book Douglas Adams...

++SJ