[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Dec 3 23:16:08 UTC 2005

Brian wrote:

> Walter van Kalken wrote:
>
>> daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
>>
>>> Is it too much to ask that contributions to Wikipedia be correct?
>>> That is  news to me.
>>>
>>> Danny
>>
>> There is a difference between an entry being correct and someone
>> having to defend every letter of it.
>
> Britannica has to defend every letter of it before they can get
> published. The same is true for all other major encyclopedias. Why
> wouldn't it be true for us? Aren't we trying to make an encyclopedia
> here?

No, we're trying to be better. :-P

It's not a question of defence.  It's a question of mindsets and
attitudes.  It's a question of drawing people in and having them want to
belong.  It's not about adversarial structures that alienate people.  We
are on the same side when it comes to identifying the fundamental
problem that we want to solve.

Ec