[Foundation-l] Wikinews licensing

Arne Klempert wikipedia at klempert.de
Thu Oct 28 11:18:50 UTC 2004

On Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:22 AM
NSK <nsk2 at wikinerds.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 28 October 2004 11:17, you wrote:
>> dual-licensing GFDL and CC-BY, and possibly other licenses?
>
> You could allow every contributor to choose the license of his
> choice. So, ever page would have a different license. That's what I
> do in some of my projects.

Would you please try to understand how and why wikis work - especially
the most successful one - before annoying us with ideas from your
recently started projects?

>> (my personal favorite, the public domain, has relatively little
>> support).
>
> I am very interested in learning more about your reasoning on public
> domain and why it's your favourite. If you have enough time, please
> give me some reasons why a site admin should allow wikiauthors to
> choose public domain for their contributions. If you wanted to make
> me support PD, what would you tell me?

Have you considered to read the given link?
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/License_straw_poll

Have you ever considered to search on your own before asking busy people
stupid questions?

Please come back when you really know the ropes of at least one
Wikimedia project or your own ideas are well proven. Until then you
should be *very* silent - at least on this mailing list. Thank you.

Arne (akl)