[Foundation-l] Wikinews licensing

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Thu Oct 28 09:22:35 UTC 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 11:17, you wrote:
> dual-licensing GFDL and CC-BY, and possibly other licenses?

You could allow every contributor to choose the license of his choice. So,
ever page would have a different license. That's what I do in some of my
projects.

> (my personal favorite, the public domain, has relatively little support).

I am very interested in learning more about your reasoning on public domain
and why it's your favourite. If you have enough time, please give me some
reasons why a site admin should allow wikiauthors to choose public domain for
their contributions. If you wanted to make me support PD, what would you tell
me?

(the reason I ask is because I allow GFDL and CC-by-sa in my wikis and I am
considering adding support for standard copyright, BSDL, other CC, and
perhaps PD, so I am evaluating the pros and cons and I am trying to listen to
as many opinions as possible)

--
NSK
Admin of http://portal.wikinerds.org