[Foundation-l] Re: Wikijunior - Wikispecies, Mk 2?

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Oct 27 02:16:37 UTC 2004

Rebecca wrote:
> No, you're right. It was dropped because people thought we weren't
> ready for it. There was no reason to outright oppose that one. Same
> difference.

No, this is still not correct.  The incomplete grant application was
not sent, because it was not complete in time.  It wasn't "dropped
because people thought we weren't ready for it" -- we made a valiant
effort but it was just too much in too little time.  It *will be*
applied for again next year.

--Jimbo