[Foundation-l] Wikijunior - Wikispecies, Mk 2?

Nicholas Moreau beaubeaver at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 21:39:04 UTC 2004

As far as I know, the Wikipedia Junior project would simply be to create booklets targeted at kids. Not for kids to write stuff for kids.

Take a look at www.brandnewplanet.ca/, the website for the Brand New Planet section of The Toronto Star newspaper. We'd end up with the most superficial nonsense you could ever find. Okay, there isn't too much content online, but some of the stuff in the paper is just sad.\

Nick

I've got this hunch that a (hypothetical) Wiki-kid-pedia would be of remarkably high philosophical and scientific quality, whereas a Teeniepedia would largely consist of "J45ON WINSCOTTLE ISA WANKARRR!!", "I LuV mArY JaNe." and "BENNIE {heart} SIMONE!!!" Maybe we should bar participation from anyone between ages 10 and 20?