[Foundation-l] announcement: german wikimedia association (verein) founded

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Tue Jun 15 23:32:07 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I'm sure the news is already around, but here is something like a
official announcement:

On sunday 13th of June German wikipedians founded a local wikimedia
association in Berlin: the ''Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur
Förderung Freien Wissens'' (''Wikimedia Germany - society for the
promotion of free knowledge''). We had 34 founding members - among them
friends of wikipedia and of course a lot of people of the german wikipedia.

A board of trustees with ten members was elected, among them Kurt
Jansson as chairman. The whole board consists of:
     * Kurt Jansson (1. chairman)
     * Arne Klempert - akl (2. chairman)
     * Elisabeth Bauer - elian (secretary)
     * Henriette Fiebig (treasurer)
     * Daniel Baur (assessor)
     * André Darmochwal (assessor)
     * Joachim Kerschbaumer (assessor)
     * Achim Raschka (assessor)
     * Mathias Schindler (assessor)
     * Jakob Voß (assessor)

The first (and only) decision of the assembly after the founding act was
to declare Jimmy Wales a member of honour.

The list vereinde-l at wikimedia.org
communications.

If someone wants to become a member (we have already international
members, this is possible), membership forms are available at
http://de.wikipedia.org/upload/3/3e/Aufnahmeantrag3.pdf

A lot of other things happened in Berlin, too: Jimbo, Erik and Sunir
Shah held impressive presentations on the panel "wikipedia and friends"
at the conference wizards of os, the wikireaders ''sweden'' and
''internet'' were sold at the improvised wikipedia boot at the
conference and all evenings ended up in great parties until dawn, on
friday many wikipedians met for the first time in real life, on saturday
we celebrated the 100,000th article of the german wikipedia.

pictures and information (in german) on:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verein
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kurier
http://wikimedia.de
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia-Wochenende_in_Berlin