[Foundation-l] Re: Rewards for developers

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 09:59:20 UTC 2004

Elisabeth Bauer wrote:
> Timwi wrote:
>
>> The point is just anyone who personally thinks a particular feature or
>> bug is really overdue, should be able to directly encourage developers
>> by saying "I offer you $xyz for this". The more important a bug or
>> feature is to the community, the greater the amount of money will be.
>

> The point is that we currently have no decision making procedure for
> which features _should_ be implemented.
>
> Encouraging donators to offer money for features they want to be
> realized would make the situation even worse since most people not
> involved in coding don't "wish" things which would be necessary from a
> developer's point of view.
>
> My vision:
> * we should clean up these immense lists of feature wishes
> * we should establish priorities
> * the developers should say what makes sense and what doesn't
> * the developers should give an estimate for the most important features:
> ** how complicated it is to implement
> ** if someone's willing to do it
> ** or if there should be a bounty set out for it (because noone wants to
> do it or noone can do it)
>
> greetings,
> elian

Elian is absolutely correct.

I just had a look at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.3_comments_and_bug_reports

Ihmo, that is just as a village pump; it might be nice to sweep the
floor sometimes :-)

On top of estimates listed by Elian, I would add estimate of "how long
could it take to be developped".

ant