[Foundation-l] Re: Rewards for developers

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sun Jul 25 03:06:46 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> The point is just anyone who personally thinks a particular feature or
> bug is really overdue, should be able to directly encourage developers
> by saying "I offer you $xyz for this". The more important a bug or
> feature is to the community, the greater the amount of money will be.

The point is that we currently have no decision making procedure for
which features _should_ be implemented.

Encouraging donators to offer money for features they want to be
realized would make the situation even worse since most people not
involved in coding don't "wish" things which would be necessary from a
developer's point of view.

My vision:
* we should clean up these immense lists of feature wishes
* we should establish priorities
* the developers should say what makes sense and what doesn't
* the developers should give an estimate for the most important features:
** how complicated it is to implement
** if someone's willing to do it
** or if there should be a bounty set out for it (because noone wants to
do it or noone can do it)

greetings,
elian