[Engineering] MediaWiki 1.32 branch announcement

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 5 14:31:44 UTC 2018

Greetings!

We are beginning the process of working on the 1.32 release of
MediaWiki. The release is currently scheduled for Nov. We plan to create
the REL1_32 branch on October 16 and to generate the first release
candidate, so we will be requesting "pencils down" on October 15.

In the meantime, if you have any open Phabricator tasks tagged with
mw-1.32-release [0], please check to see if they are indeed blockers for
the release. If not, please remove the mw-1.32-release tag from them.
Conversely, if there are any blockers that are not tagged with
mw-1.32.release, please tag them. Please feel free to reach out to me if
you have any questions about this.

We will be in the normal patch master + backport process from October 16
until the release in Nov.

Thanks,

Greg

[0] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mw-1.32-release/

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| Release Team Manager            A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |