[Engineering] Selenium Ruby framework deprecation

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 23 17:22:03 UTC 2017

As announced in April[0], we are replacing Selenium tests written in Ruby
with tests in Node.js. Now is the last responsible moment to make the move.
There will be two more reminders, in September and October. In the
meantime, only critical problems will be resolved in the Ruby stack. After
October we will no longer maintain it. You can follow task T139740[1] for
more information. Extensive documentation is available at mediawiki.org[2].
If you need help with the migration, I am available for pairing and code
review (zfilipin in Gerrit, zeljkof in #wikimedia-releng).

Željko Filipin
--
0: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/engineering/2017-April/000409.html
1: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T139740