[ComProj] Logo

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:40:34 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/4/07, Dan Collins <en.wp.st47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_visual_identity_guidelines
> states that approval is needed for letterheads and business cards, which
> seems to imply that casual use of the logo doesn't require approval, nor
> does anything on that page imply that it is.
>
>  "Note that no derivative of the Wikimedia logo can be published without
> prior approval from the Foundation."

Confirmed. There is no right to use the Wikimedia logo (afaik) if you are not
a) an ***official body*** of the foundation OR
b) an entity who is allowed to do so by the foundation (e.g. a chapter
or a business)

I'm ccing Delphine to this, because she could most likely provide
information on this and correct me if I'm wrong :)

Michael