[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Cary Bass bastique.ml at bastique.com
Mon May 16 20:02:02 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 12:43 PM, Chris McKenna wrote:
> As far as I read the arguments we have two groups of people, those who
> want to censor images that they do not like or that they think other
> people will not like; and those that want to actively stand up for the
> rights to an uncensored collection of free media.
Actually what you say that you are reading is a hyperbolic assessment of
the argument that fictionalizes one side of the argument while heroizing
the side of it you agree with. It's not actually truthful.

> Commons is not censored, if you want a collection of free media that does
> not offend you or someone else then you are in the wrong place.
You keep making the same argument, and not actually responding to what
is being said. Which leaves one to wonder why they are still responding
to you.

Cary