[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Mon May 16 19:43:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Cary Bass wrote:

> On 05/16/2011 12:17 PM, Fred Bauder wrote:
>> The world wide audience is another matter.
>>
> And this audience is not well reflected by the lackadaisical attitude
> toward end users that pervades our otherwise wonderful Commons community.

I don't know where you get the impression that anyone here is promoting
any sort of lackadaiscial attitude?
As far as I read the arguments we have two groups of people, those who
want to censor images that they do not like or that they think other
people will not like; and those that want to actively stand up for the
rights to an uncensored collection of free media.

Commons is not censored, if you want a collection of free media that does
not offend you or someone else then you are in the wrong place.

----
Chris McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna