[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Cary Bass bastique.ml at bastique.com
Mon May 16 18:21:46 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 08:19 AM, Stan Shebs wrote:
> The photo of the day, and in general the front page, is all about making
> good first impressions.  All the people who value uncensored images have
> already seen Commons by now, and the choice of front page content
> doesn't affect them.
We need an active group of contributors who represent at the very least
some cross-section of not only Commons contributors but of interested
re-users of Commons content to actively monitor and maintain the POTD.
This is not the first time that something inappropriate for Main Page
content has appeared and I doubt it will be the last.

Cary