[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:38:29 UTC 2011

On 16 May 2011 17:19, Cecil <cecilatwp na gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Wikipedia is the educational project, not Commons.
> Commons is a repository for media of all kind. There is nowhere the
> restriction that a file has to be educational.

I really do hope you are not an administrator on Commons, since this exact
restriction is one of the basic rules on Commons. See <
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:SCOPE#Must_be_realistically_useful_for_an_educational_purpose>
Commons is _not_ “a repository for media of all kind”. <
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:NOT>

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]