[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Cecil cecilatwp at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:19:46 UTC 2011

2011/5/16 Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com>

> There seems to be a worrying tendency to treat Commons as a gallery for
> non-notable art.
>
> It's an educational project, not a vehicle for self-promotion.
>
> A.

Actually, Wikipedia is the educational project, not Commons.
Commons is a repository for media of all kind. There is nowhere the
restriction that a file has to be educational.

And as a girl (or more a long-grown woman) with no real interest in mangas
my opinion is that the image has nice colours, is cleanly made and in
general aesthetically pleasing. Only complaint: it is a bit kitschy.

lg, Cecil