[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Mon May 16 05:22:04 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Ryan Kaldari <rkaldari at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> So you're arguing that the woman is topless in order to conform to realistic
> portrayals of indigenous people? That's the biggest pile of bullshit I've
> heard in years.
>(...)

Many of us are annoyed by such featuring.
This is not about "content being hosted" we all agree that sexual
images belong to commons, this is about main page.

But beyond that, what could we do in order to prevent it?

Create a policy that forbids sexual images being featured?
Have the Foundation pass a resolution?
Talk it on the pump?

Or perhaps, getting more people involved on the community selection process.

Other ideas?

--
Pedro Sánchez
http://drini.mx