[Commons-l] Where to report hotlinking?

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 23:54:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Hay (Husky) <huskyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, even though hotlinking is allowed technically, you still
> need to comply to the licensing terms for those media files, e.g. give
> attribution to the author and put a link to the license text.

Not a real concern to me... as I don't have a website or blog, and I
don't use media files from commons outside of Wikipedia, and all of my
uploads (over 200 photos & videos) were released into the public
domain.

Since from a traffic point of view hotlinking is acceptable, may be we
should delete this section then:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia#Hotlinking

Rayson