[Commons-l] Pikiwiki project problems

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:16:51 UTC 2009

2009/6/4 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> From that thread, I think I can conclusively say: if Commons has been
> obstructively bureaucratic to the point that an entire chapter (WM-IL)
> will no longer work with it ... then Commons has *failed utterly* as a
> service project, and will need reining in at the Foundation level.

Not an accurate description of events. Commons simply doesn't trust
any 3rd party when it comes to copyright and thus wants information
that can be used to judge and verify claims. WM-IL has reacted to this
is a rather forthright manner.

Foundation can't do anything without some legal stupid statements with
regards to it's position on copyright.

Most of Commons's concerns can be adress without to much difficulty
but WM-IL needs to accept that commons is not doing what it is doing
because it is anti isreal but because it takes copyright seriously.
Equaly commons needs to accept that the situation can be improved.

--
geni