[Commons-l] [Wikimediauk-l] Museums that allow photography, e.g. V&A

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Fri Mar 28 19:13:43 UTC 2008

Thursday, 27 March 2008, David Gerard wrote:
> On 27/03/2008, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Most ban them outright.
> >  See
> >  http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Museum_photography
>
> I'm not surprised. Tourists taking photos are one thing, tripods are
> even more annoying than people.

That's an understandable stance. People tripping over your tripod could
become a liability issue if the venue were aware of your use of it.
Monopods reduce this risk by having a smaller footprint, so ask about
it, but don't be surprised if they haven't considered it and take the
same stance there as for tripods "just to be safe."

It's nice to hear a few positive anecdotes about photography policies
for a change, by the way.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:LX