[Commons-l] [Wikimediauk-l] Museums that allow photography, e.g. V&A

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 22:28:01 UTC 2008

On 27/03/2008, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  The next generation of high end point and shoots may include an
>  >  increasing number of low light features  (well they will if the
>  >  manufacturers decide that 12 mega pixels is enough for now).
>

> Forgive me for rolling my eyes on that one.  Except for Fuji (and even
>  that in a limited way), every time the p&s camera makers are faced
>  with a choice between more megapixels and better image quality, the
>  megapixels win.  It's been that way for at least the last five years;
>  however, in going beyond 10 megapixels, we seem to have reached a
>  point where there is no longer even a little real benefit to greater
>  megapixels; there's none at all.  No real extra resolution is being
>  produced.
>
>  I'd like to see it, but I don't see it happening.

We've reached the point where the resolution matches the theoretical
resolution of film and the images are getting so big in terms of
megabytes they are becoming tricky to handle.

Commons throws up warnings at 5 meg.

Back to the original topic Fort nelson doesn't have a problem with
pics. Evidences:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Royal_Armouries_at_Fort_Nelson

(there will be more when I get around to uploading them.

--
geni