[Commons-l] Flickr: Bibliothèque de Toulouse

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 15:24:51 UTC 2008

2008/7/9 Nicolas Guérin <nguerin.zurich at gmail.com>:
> English version : For the license, it's probably public domain now, but we
> have no indication about when the photographs died. Does anyone have an idea
> how to proceed? Send an e-mail to the library of Toulouse to ask them to
> etablish a list of the photographs and when they died?

"Among several historic collections, there are 5,000 photographs of
life in the Pyrénées, the mountains that divide France from Spain. The
pictures paint a unique landscape of life in the region at the
beginning of the 20th Century, and were taken by Eugene Trutat, a
former curator and director of a local museum..."

All the photographs seem to be labelled "Fonds Trutat", & are his work
- can we find out when this guy died? Yes we can, as the Americans say
;-)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/745449@N25/

"Directeur du Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle de Toulouse et figure
majeure du Pyrénéisme, Eugène Trutat (1840-1910)..."

Is 1910 a suitable death-date for public domain in France?

--
- Andrew Gray
 andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk