[Commons-l] Automatic messages to users: guessinguserpreferredlanguage

Florian Straub flominator at gmx.net
Sun Oct 7 18:36:13 UTC 2007

"Platonides" <Platonides at gmail.com> wrote on Sunday, October 07, 2007 4:37
PM:

> Andrew Gray wrote:

> Maybe add that checkbox on the account creation?
> It's already on the message when the account is created, but could help.

That's what I did right after creating{{notify me}}. Its name already
suggests what it's meant to be for. It says "please notify me" not "I don't
want to use the Commons talk pages".

I think the majority of new registered users will read about enotif, but we
should try to reach the older ones. Is there any way of finding out, who has
a correct email address and no enotif?

Best regards,

Flo