[Commons-l] EDRI-gram newsletter : UK House of Commons culture committee wants copyright extension

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 11:52:31 UTC 2007

> On 5/24/07, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It seems that concerns us.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Yann
> >

> Not really since the 50 years is rather an oddity and since we are US
> based we can't make any use of it.

There must be some well-known UK authors/singers/song writers etc
opposed to the 70 years rule. We should find and contact them,
offering to store their valuable works on the commons under a free
license. That would demonstrate how much the public could gain from
*less* copyright, without bankrupting the media companies^W^W artists.

Magnus