[Commons-l] Getting our content out there (openstockphotography.org)

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:51:05 UTC 2007

More out and abouts I found from Google:

News article
http://article.wn.com/view/2007/03/14/Indias_Reliance_says_in_talks_with_Carrefour_but_retailer_de/
Improperly attributed use of
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Carrefour_at_Faa'a_French_Polynesia.JPG

The BBC religion website mentions us as one of their image sources:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/copyright.shtml , although "Old and
public-domain images and media" is not exactly the full story...

Ubuntu desktops:
http://art.ubuntu.com/main.php?g2_itemId=592
(although 'Wikipedia Commons'... argh...almost!)

I also ran across a number of blog posts about the POTD competition. I
didn't realise what a great opportunity that competition would be to
boost our rep a bit. Now I look forward with enthusiasm to 2007's. :)

cheers
Brianna