[Commons-l] Join us now and free the video

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:07:40 UTC 2007

Alison Wheeler wrote:
> Something interesting in the UK is what Channel 4 are doing with their
> post-transmission "on demand" service which allows you to watch a program
> during the subsequent seven days.
>
> They are removing the ads themselves (and no, there is no charge to watch.)

4oD programming is only available to residents of the UK and the
Republic of Ireland. The programme rights we hold are limited to these
geographic regions and it is illegal for us to allow them to be
downloaded elsewhere.
http://help.channel4.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=72,E=0000000000012197015,K=3098,Sxi=0,CASE=1246,VARSET_PA=sa_VoD,VARSET_TITLE=4oD,PROBLEM=obj(292),VARSET_OBJECTID=292,VARSET_OBJECTNAME=Who%20can%20access%204oD?

If they only have publishing rights for some regions, they can't free
them :S