[Commons-l] Mass add images to categories

wayne cpa at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 9 21:44:18 UTC 2007

>From: Ayelie <ayelie.at.large at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Commons-l] HotCat JavaScript tool, V0.1
>
>Hmm... adding this to this thread because it kind of fits in with the idea
>of HotCat.js.
>
>What about the ability to mass-add images to a category? I'm thinking of
>cases where people have created a gallery with images but none are
>categorised; this happens a lot and it's a pain to open every image and edit
>to add the category. Something like Magnus's category move javascript, where
>you can select images in a category and move them to another, but activated
>for galleries.

No I totally disagree, if there are many images organized in a
gallery then the gallery should already be linked to a category. I
have been busy taking these duplicated images out of Categories and
leaving them in the article galleries. It's would be the same as that
User who created 1000's of species categories with all the photos
duplicated in the category that were already in the individual
galleries, Way too much duplication. Magnus and others have that
great tool for showing galleries and categories on the screen and
some photos are in up to 6 or 7 different categories and galleries,
simplification is the best way. [[User:WayneRay]]