[Commons-l] New de-adminship policy

Majorly axel9891 at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:02:06 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just love the way that 21 users can vote to make a de-adminship
> policy without notifying any of the users concerned, including AFAIK
> on here.  Nonsense like this only makes those more active on other
> projects tempted to only contribute to those projects and not Commons.
>
> -Matt

Deadminship also happens on Meta-Wiki (see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Administrators#Policy_for_de-adminship).
As far as I know, no one is told their status is being voted on. When
someone becomes an admin, they should understand that inactivity will mean
removal of rights.

--
Alex (Majorly)