[Advocacy Advisors] Fwd: Last Chance -- join the launch of Save The Link

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Sun May 24 19:37:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, 5 May 2015, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We're not actively doing anything on "linking liability" in Brussels, but
> there are a few proposals on the table that push for more liability in
> exchange for some copyright reform.
>
> I do think it is something that generally concerns us, but we lack a
> general consensus what our position on this is. Since we're not likely to
> have a position on it soon, the forwarded message is FYI and gives an
> example of what others are doing.

While I fully support the freedom of the hypertext I have my doubts about this
campaign, because the issue at the table is about financial relationship
between certain publishers and "the" Internet intermediary.

This is definitely the issue to watch since we are also an intermediary with
a powerful, but non-commercial agenda. The same policymaker may happily
bash Google while at the same time praise Wikipedia, although technically
we might have quite a lot in common (toutes proportions gardées).

Marcin Cieślak
saper at plwiki