[Advocacy Advisors] Invitation: Freedom of Panorama Expert Seminar, Brussels, 27 May

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:25:39 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I am happy to be able to finally invite you to a Freedom of Panorama
Experted Seminar hosted by us and the Legal Affairs Committee chair Pavel
Svoboda.

The event will take place in the European Parliament on 27 May between
9-11. The goal is to have a rather academic analysis of the current
situation, although a certain amount of politics is inevitable two weeks
before a vote in committee that will include our point.

For us it is important to make sure that this topic is less controversial.
Having it hosted by the largest and most "copyright-reform-reluctant" group
is in itself a success. We need to be prepared with data showing that
opposition to FoP is based on very shaky and speculative presumptions. The
counter-voice in the panel will be the president of the French visual arts
collecting society, who will of course try to argue that "licensing is the
solution and we don't need to change the law". I've asked WMFR to send a
representative, as they have met with this collecting society to negotiate
and I am afraid their panel speaker could misrepresent the talks.

Event poster here:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:FoP_Event_Poster.pdf

If you'd like to attend, please ping me briefly, as you probably require
registration to enter the buildling.

Cheers,
Dimi