[Advocacy Advisors] Fwd: European chapters: urgent action needed

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Jun 19 09:12:44 UTC 2015

There's this on the Wikimedia UK blog -
https://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2015/06/uk-at-risk-of-losing-freedom-of-panorama/

We're also working on a few other things over the coming days and will
share them when they are ready. We're looking to make a lot of noise over
this.

Thank you,

Stevie

On 18 June 2015 at 20:44, L.Gelauff <lgelauff at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, when there is, that could be a nice thing to link in social media.
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Romaine Wiki <romaine.wiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not yet, but our intention is to create one and translate it in the
>> various European languages,
>>
>> Romaine

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a page aimed for an external audience which explains in a few
>>> lines of text what is the problem, and why we care?
>>>
>>> Lodewijk

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*