[Advocacy Advisors] InfoSoc Own-Initiative Report Vote Today

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:18:35 UTC 2015

A quick report on the other things:

*A call to positively safeguard the public domain (once PD remains PD, i.e.
digitisations) passed.
*A call to make it legally possible for authors to dedicate their work to
the PD  passed.
*Explicit wording against further copyright term extension passed.
*The linking liability was mostly taken out, although some ISP liability
was voted in.
*A call to lower obstacles to the re-use of PSI passed.
*A proposal for ancillary copyright didn't pass.

And now we start thinking about what our media strategy should be before
the plenary. I will start making a list of MEPs who I think could or should
be convinced to co-sign.

Dimi