[Advocacy Advisors] InfoSoc Own-Initiative Report Vote Today

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:02:44 UTC 2015

Yes, trying to think constructively this is the advantage of GESAC being to
greedy.

Cavada himself was going around telling everyone that he does not want to
restrict rights in other countries, just to preserve French culture. Well,
what happened is that they passed language copying bad practices to 15 EU
countries will a full FoP exception. It is an own initiative report and not
even the last word on it was spoken, but the general tendency to vote for
any AMs that restrict use was obvious.

In order to fix this in plenary (6th of July I believe), we would need
three things now:
1. A sensible text for an amendment to table in for the plenary vote that
attracts very little opposition.
2. Getting many rather prominent MEPs from all groups to table this new
amendment.
3. Some media fuzz in the countries that currently have a full exception.