[Advocacy Advisors] Legal actions - Freedom of Panorama

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Wed Jan 28 09:41:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> things are getting hot here in Brussels (saucy Monitoring Report and spicy
> blog post coming later this week) and we're working on full speed to
> convince decision-makers that FoP is an actual issue.

Hello Dimitar,

During Chaos Communications Congress I've had a few conversations with
various stakeholders (including Julia Reda, pirate MEP) and I expressed
my concern about proposed harmonisation of the copyright directive.

At the end of Julia's speech I have asked a question, whether
harmonisation of copyright would mean "harmonizing down" all the copyright
exceptions:

http://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2014/31c3_-_6350_-_en_-_saal_2_-_201412291400_-_correcting_copywrongs_-_julia_reda.html#video

Your email raises another concern to me:  whether we have
to fight a new battle for every single one copyright exception
(like freedom of panorama, no copyright for official documents, etc. etc.)?

What do you think?

Marcin Cieślak