[Advocacy Advisors] Questions to the European Commission

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 08:07:01 UTC 2014

Ah, yes! I call these "antiquity laws". I am thinking of them, but if the
EU legislates on copyright (i.e. a new Information Society Directive or a
Copyright Regulation) I don't think there's a way of axing them, since it
would always be an exception to copyright and not touching upon other legal
protections.

If there was a EU Directive or Regulation explicitly saying that it is
legal to take pictures of buildlings permanently located ina public space
in general, then this would beat national legislation (as EU law takes
precedence over national law). I am doubtful we can solve this one now, but
it is on my radar.

Dimi