[Advocacy Advisors] June 5th action day on surveillance

Yana Welinder ywelinder at wikimedia.org
Fri May 23 19:36:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On June 5, the coordinators of the Necessary and Proportionate principles
are organizing an international action day to raise more awareness of
government surveillance around the world.  June 5th marks the one year
anniversary of the Snowden revelations. The coordinators are encouraging
organizations and individuals to do events around the action day and blog
about the actions that will be taking place.

We're putting together a blog post about various events around the world
that will take place on June 5th. If any of you are participating in some
actions on that day or blogging about it, please let us know so that we can
include it in our blog post.

Best,
Yana

--
Yana Welinder
Legal Counsel

NOTICE: As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal
disclaimer<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>
.