[Advocacy Advisors] Draft letter to UK MEPs on copyright

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de
Fri Mar 14 09:11:33 UTC 2014

<dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com>:

> As to Mathias' comment on the MEPs: Yes, there will be some considerable
> turnover, but at the same time politicians are most likely to pay attention
> to such a thing before election time. Sending it out just to the ones we
> believe might get reelected would be - diplomatically speaking - bad
> diplomacy. Can't we just resend it after the elections to just the newly
> elected MEPs?

There is already too much bad diplomacy out there, so thanks for Dimis
argument. As you can see from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2014_(United_Kingdom)#Current_MEPs_by_European_Political_Group,
the number of parties who did send MEPs to Brussels was considerable.
It would be possible to send such a letter to the parties before the
election and to the specific elected MEPs afterwards.