[Advocacy Advisors] Draft letter to UK MEPs on copyright

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:54:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

this is really a great initiative. I immediately thought that you should
report the experiences you'll have with this so it can be copied by other
EU chapters. Having an "organisation from home" asking for something is
often more efficient than receiving a letter from an interntional HQ.
Ideally, the two will be complementing each other (like in our case).

As to Mathias' comment on the MEPs: Yes, there will be some considerable
turnover, but at the same time politicians are most likely to pay attention
to such a thing before election time. Sending it out just to the ones we
believe might get reelected would be - diplomatically speaking - bad
diplomacy. Can't we just resend it after the elections to just the newly
elected MEPs?

As to the length, indeed three pages might be a bit long, but if the
opening (i.e. the first page) is informative and interesting enough and the
other two pages are additional information, this could just work.

Dimi

: