[Advocacy Advisors] EU copyright consultation

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 7 16:25:38 UTC 2014

We could obviously have generated many more responses if we had wanted to.
Any thoughts on when/how we should do that, if ever?

Luis

:

> Hi,
>
> according to DG MARKT, they have received 11.117 responses to their
> copyright consultation. Given the scope of this consultation, it is a
> rather high number (even if it includes many duplicate responses)
>
> https://twitter.com/EU_Markt/status/441516307515998208
>
> Mathias
>
> --
> Mathias Schindler
> Projektmanager
> Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
> web: http://www.wikimedia.de
> mail: mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de
>
> Ceterum censeo opera officiales esse liberandam -
> http://urheberrecht.wikimedia.de/
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
> V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
> Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
> anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
> Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 ext. 6810

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*