[Advocacy Advisors] Wikipedia Zero and net neutrality

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:33:03 UTC 2014

> Dear Lodewijk,
>
> you confusing cause and effect here.
>
> It was Patricio, a member of the board of the foundation, who basically
> called everybody who is pro-net neutrality an enemy of human right. Well,
> THIS is what I call personal and not al all constructive - So, please, sent
> your critic to the foundation, because they started the whole insulting.
>
> As long as there is no apology for this massive insult of calling people
> enemies of a human right just becuase they have another opinion on the
> subject it doesn't make sense to "debate" with the foundation at all.
>
> Patricio is personally silent for days now - obviously he doesn't care
> when he's insulting people with other opinions. AGF is sometimes obviously
> mis-used to silence people who just say plainly what has happened - that a
> boardmember of the foundation gave us a glimpse of how things are really
> handled. It goes like this: Wikimedia is holy, we are the holy
> representation of Free Knowledge, without us there is no hope for mankind,
> therefore being against things we do is like being against human rights
> themselves. These net neutrality thing has to be change or we will ignore
> it. Well, this is what I call being NOT "productive and friendly" at all.
> So don't wonder about the reactions.
>
> Dear Jens:

I've been silent because I was not aware of this discussion, since I was
not suscribed to this list. With some astonishment, I need to stress out
that I never said nor implied that "who is pro-net neutrality an enemy of
human right". If you felt I was insulting you, please accept my apologies.
If you want to listen to my exact words,  you can check to the video in
http://new.livestream.com/wikimania/friday2014, between  52'50'' and 55'.

That said, is not unusual that two different principles collides. That was
all I was trying to say and I find it hard that acknowledging that fact
could be insulting. Of course, my statement was just a brief summary of my
own thoughts and this topic is much more complex than that.

Going back to this thread, I find Dimi's approach really interesting and
helpful. I'm planning to elaborate more my opinion in a blog post to be
published soon.

                                                       Patricio

PS: I've just arrived home and for the next couple of days I will probably
not be able to provide fast answers. Please don't consider any delay from
my side as if I don't care for other's opinions. Thanks.

--
Patricio Lorente
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar