[Advocacy Advisors] Wikipedia Zero and net neutrality

L.Gelauff lgelauff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:20:07 UTC 2014

Dear Jens,

I'm afraid your contributions do come across as angry and personal. It is
OK to have those emotions, but I don't think they are quite constructive to
the discussion. Calling someone's opinion 'bullshit' and agressively
stating that 'an honest debate is not possible' (paraphrased) simply
because someone gives their opinion in answer to a public question seems
uncalled for to me.

I will not go into your analyses of emails - I agree with Dimi that that is
poisonous to the actual topic, but I do have a very practical request:
please don't use quotation marks when you're paraphrasing. It is confusing.

Several of the statements you qualified as obvious or clear, are very
non-obvious to me. Maybe you're better placed in this discussion than I am,
maybe I don't quite get the gist of the discussions.

Stating that someone should apologize for their opinion is in my book by
the way not the best way to a decent debate. As for stopping all activities
of Wikipedia Zero, I happily refer you to the page "Wikipedia:The wrong
version" which probably has a German equivalent.

I sincerely hope we can have a more focused discussion on the topic rather
than everything surrounding it. Dimi's suggestions seem interesting and
require at least on my side further thought.

Best,
Lodewijk