[Advocacy Advisors] Meta discussion: European Commission public consultation on copyright

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:25:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

just a quick update. EDRi and some other civil society orgs have asked the
Commission for an extension of the deadline. Today, I did the same - both
in writing and in person at a Christmas cocktail event at the IPR
Observatory I am coming back from just now. Seen that there won't be a new
Commission until the third quarter of 2014 this request is likely to be
granted. I believe that having a few extra weeks might be crucial for
collaboratively drafting answers. Will keep you posted.

On a side note: People from DG Markt and the rest of the Brussels crowd are
really, really curious at our "user-generated" experiment. If we pull it
off, this might be "big". It surely gets people's attention for now.

Dimi