(click here to view the same announcement in Hindi
Dear Wikimedians of Nepal,
Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement
Charter Drafting Committee
The Call opens on 2 August and closes on 1 September 2021. The Committee is
expected to represent diversity in the Movement
Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This
comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia
- English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed,
translation and interpretation support is provided.
- Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is
US$100 every two months.
We are looking for people who have some of the following skills
- Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
- Are ready to find compromises.
- Focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Have knowledge of community consultations.
- Have intercultural communication experience.
- Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or
- Have experience negotiating with different parties.
The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more
candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there
are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election
If you are interested, please *submit your candidacy here
Please contact strategy2030(a)wikimedia.org with questions.
Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (he/him)
Movement Strategy and Governance, Wikimedia Foundation
Show replies by date