[Wiktionary-l] ru.wikt and empty templates

Tomasz Sienicki tsca at edb.dk
Tue Jan 30 00:03:03 UTC 2007

Apparently people at ru have filled their their Wiktionary with completely empty templates saying "This word or expression has not been translated yet. Please add your translation."

ru.wikt has 105 877 entries, out of which 81 496 are empty templates.

This makes the Russian Wiktionary entirely useless; people complain they have stopped checking it, because they keep seeing empty entries.

I suggest we stop adding interwiki links to ru:.

--tsca