[Wiktionary-l] Logo

Minh Nguyen mxn at zoomtown.com
Thu Jan 18 08:32:50 UTC 2007

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Another thing that was really special was that people were told that
> during the vote people were told that the logo would be implemented
> willy nilly. This was a real turn off for me as in someone else will do
> this. Nobody has, apparently nobody cares. It was also my impression was
> that it was not something that was popular among the Wiktionary communities.
>
> I do not think the best logo won so I have yet another reason why I do
> not bother about the implementation of this logo.
>
> Thanks,
>     GerardM

Hmm... I suppose I should've noticed this thread before installing a
customized version of the new logo at the Vietnamese Wiktionary the
other day. [1] As I told Smurrayinchester, the new logo's author, two of
wikt:vi:'s main contributors voted for this logo, and another abstained,
in effect saying "the vote has taken so long that the logo probably
won't ever change". [2] (We only ever have three active contributors at
one time, at most, so that's saying something.) So I didn't think the
change would be controversial at wikt:vi:, and in fact, no one has said
a word about it. :)

As for one of the issues surrounding the new logo: according to
Californiacondor, the Japanese Wiktionary is fine with the Katakana
character being used. [3]

I guess wikt:vi: is now pushing the issue, since, well, it's up there on
all our pages. I'll make sure to keep our copy of the logo updated,
though, in case we get agreement on any of the proposed logo tweaks.

[1] http://vi.wiktionary.org/wiki/H%C3%ACnh:Wiki.png
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary/logo/archive-vote-4#Blank_vote
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Smurrayinchester#Wiktionary_Logo

--
Minh Nguyen <mxn at zoomtown.com>
[[en:User:Mxn]] [[vi:User:Mxn]] [[m:User:Mxn]]