[Wikiversity-l] Research project: E-learning in 'open source' education: exploratory study

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:36:04 UTC 2008

Hi Brent,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Brent Cunningham <
brent.cunningham at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm working on a mini-research project entitled "E-learning in 'open
> source'
> education: exploratory study'" (as part of a short course at University
> College London).
>
> The idea is that the "open source" way of working (used to develop
> software
> e.g. Linux) can also be useful as an approach in education. So I'm
> reviewing
> various education initiatives, like some addressed in this email, that
> have
> elements of an open source approach to education. I'm basically
> documenting
> the pedagogies, open source elements and uses of e-learning.

First, Welcome aboard -- this sounds like very interesting work.

I'm wondering if you are just tackling this from a pedagogical point of
view, or if you are also interested in Adult experiences in education.
Having become involved from that tact, I'd like to do some investigations
from that angle, in addition to younger learners.

Let us know if there is anything you might need assistance with. I would be
delighted to help with your project.

Thanks,
Gerald.