[Wikiquality-l] Reverts

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 4 23:29:54 UTC 2007

Of all the issues identified so far, reverts strike me as the most
significant. You revert vandalism, you don't want to have to re-apply
sighting. This happens right now both on manual and automatic reverts.

We're already applying sighting automatically when the user is in the
editor group and the current version is sighted. How about also doing
so if the current version is not sighted, _and_ the text of the
submission is identical to the text of the most recently sighted
revision?

There would be some performance hit due to the comparison, but
hopefully it wouldn't be too bad as it would only kick in on reverts.
Is the basic idea sound? Is there a simpler way?

--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik